Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Oh my glueness....Part 2!


It rained today.  Right after I got home from Hobby Lobby.  What better way to spend my time than to "decorate" my glue bottles...right!?

All of the craft stores have really cute duct tape, but I found some that was perfect for my classroom in so many ways.  I love the color red and last year, I covered my bulletin board in red and white chevron.  I LOVED IT!  I'm leaving the red and white chevron up this year, but I'm going to split my board up by putting up large pieces of burlap over the chevron to give the illusion that I have two bulletin boards bordered in chevron.  

Back to the glue.  Remember the burlap I'm putting up?  Well I found some super cute duct tape that looks like burlap ribbon with red polka dots.  (And, if it couldn't get any better, it's made right here in the USA!)  Anyway, I thought the duct tape was perfect!  I get to tie in my love of red with the burlap I'm putting on the bulletin board.  The polka dots can serve as a reminder that "a dot is a lot" to (hopefully) help remind the students that they only needs glue dots on the corners.  Soooo cute, right?


In the interest of full disclosure, I should add a disclaimer here.  These little glue bottles were more than a little difficult to find.  Well, ok, let me qualify that, it was difficult to find them at a good price.  In truth I paid more per bottle than I would have for the larger 4 oz. bottles.  Silly, I know, but I bought into the rationale behind them and I figure I can always fill them with glue from the less expensive 4 oz. bottles.

Don't they just make you want to make an interactive notebook?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon!