Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Liebster Nomination Anyone?

A bit ago, my good friend Danielle from Live.Love.Math sent me an email about a Leibster nomination.  So here goes!


What a great way to meet new people and find new blogs!

So here is how it works:

To accept the nomination I must:
  1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
  2. Nominated 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
  3. Answer the question posted by you or by your nominator
  4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
  5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
  6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them
My Nominees:
Christine from Math-Central



Questions from Danielle:
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?  That's easy...Traverse City, Michigan!  It is so gorgeous there.  The town is big enough to have everything you need, yet still has a small town feel.
What is your favorite grade/subject to teach?  I love what I currently do (6th grade math), but my background is elementary and there are days I think about going back.  
What types of books do you like to read in your spare (ha!) time?  The key here is "spare" time.  With two kids there's little of that!  I guess I'd have to say that I don't really have a favorite.  It really depends on what I'm in the mood for at the time.
What is your favorite thing to shop for?  Shoes!
What is your favorite type of shoe to teach in?  Sandals (if it's been a long day...no shoes!)
What was your most memorable teaching moment?  I once had a student whose mom was dying of cancer.  The family went on a Disney Cruise in February.  When he came back we had a long discussion about the trip because my family was planning a Disney Cruise in July.  I asked him if there was anything about the cruise he would do differently.  His response was that he wished he could have taken me with him.  It was then that I realized that teaching is about so much more than our subject matter and the state test!
What was your best vacation you ever went on?  My family went on a Disney Cruise in 2008 (and we're doing it again this Christmas!).  It was an amazing experience and we are looking forward to going back.
What is your favorite meal?  Anything that ends with chocolate!
If you won a million dollars to spend on anything, what would you buy?  I would pay off all bills first, then buy a new house (on land), and maybe a new car, too!  Oh, and a vacation of course!
What was the last movie you saw?  Did you like it?  I don't go to the movies much so I honestly don't remember the last movie I saw.  
What is your favorite thing about the school at which you currently teach?  The kids.  I grew up in a very small town with little or no diversity.  I work at a very diverse school and I love to see all of the kids welcoming one another and working together to make the school a great place to be!

11 Random Facts
  1. I have two different colored eyes.
  2. I once had a flag flown in my honor at the US Capitol.
  3. I grew up on a farm.
  4. Diet Coke is my coffee.
  5. When I completed my masters degree, my husband bought me a miniature schnauzer!
  6. I am a Michigan State Spartan - Go Green!
  7. I got married right after I turned 21.
  8. My high school class had 78 students.
  9. I am a hoarder of school and crafting supplies.
  10. I have more shoes than my husband realizes.
  11. My (former, ugh!) teaching partner and I were so alike the kids thought we were sisters
Questions for my nominees to answer
  1. What is your favorite way to spend a rainy day?
  2. What was your first car?
  3. If you could have lunch with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?  What would you want to ask them?
  4. What is your favorite vacation spot?
  5. If you could be an Olympic athlete, which sport would you want to participate in?
  6. Which Hollywood actor/actress would you most like to meet?
  7. What was your favorite past-time when you were the age of the students you teach?
  8. How many students were in your graduating class?
  9. If you could time travel, what time period would you like to visit?
  10. What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
  11. If you weren't a teacher, what would your super power be?
Can't wait to see your answers!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon!